A rich, creamy texture.
Serves 4 | Preparation time: 25mins
- 200g Ahia® Smoked Fish, such as Moki
- 1 large (200g) starchy potato, such as Agria
- 300ml milk
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 100ml cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, for the juice
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, optional
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash the potato, but do not peel, then boil in salted water until tender. Drain and cool the potato. Cut it in half and scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl, lightly mashing with a fork.
- Put the Ahia® Smoked Moki into a saucepan and pour in the milk. Crush the garlic, add to the pan with the bay leaf and bring to a gentle simmer for 4-5 minutes. Strain the milk from the fish, setting both to one side in separate bowls, throwing away only the bay leaf. Allow the fish to cool enough to handle.
- Remove the skin and break the Ahia® Smoked Moki into flakes. Discard bones and skin, adding the fish to the potato. Mix together thoroughly, adding a couple of tablespoons of the milk, and the cream.
- Stir in the olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve at room temperature with toasted bread and a green salad.